Hey there! Just a quick update… Our blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award! What a surprise… It’s one thing to get views/comments, and another to be nominated for an award! This is a first.
So I’m guessing you all are wondering what the “Liebster Award” is… To begin, it is an award that bloggers give to other fellow bloggers… Somewhat like an act of friendship. This nomination is a “pay-it-forward” kind of deal. It’s up to the bloggers themselves to decide if they want to continue the fun or simply accept the award. According to a set of rules I found online, we are supposed to 1. write a short Q & A about ourselves 2. answer the questions that the tagger had asked 3. create a new set of questions for the next nominated blogs 4. nominate other blogs for this award! Hopefully, this post will allow our readers to get to better know us. So here goes…
For those of you that have recently started following/viewing our blog, hi! My name is Michelle and I run this blog with my best friend Laura. We are high school students residing in the SoCal and were inspired by our English teacher to start a blog. We’re just teenagers trying to find our place in this crazy, mad world. Our lives revolve around running, eating, and sleeping. We have pretty good taste in music, if I do say so myself. (So check out our music page that we recently added!)
1. My zodiac sign is Capricorn!
2. If I was a superhero, I would be able to read people’s minds… and fly.
3. I have too many favorites to choose from… But I’ll go with “Sweet Disposition” by the Temper Trap.
4. Team Jackson all the way.
5. “My momma always said, “Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.”– Forrest Gump (hands down best movie ever)
6. My eyes are dark-brown.
7. I’m quite indifferent towards both groups… but I must say after watching the “Believe” Justin Bieber documentary, I am a belieber.
8. I run. Does that count?
9. Yes, I have watched Frozen.
10. And yes, I DO want to build a snowman.
After a few months in this whole “blog routine,” I’ve learned that blogging is some what like maintaining your role in a community. It’s best to update your blog frequently, comment on others’ posts as often as you can, and learn to be a part of a community. This Liebster Award really goes to show how blogging serves as a means of communication/sharing for individuals. I’ve decided to continue the trend and nominate a fellow blogger of mine, Noah Carr, for this award!
Check out his blog: http://justfeltlikerunnin.wordpress.com/
In need of song suggestions? Don’t forget to check out our new music page. We are committed to sharing at least one music video a day.
Follow our new twitter: runinourshoes
Contact us at email@example.com
Thank you all for your support. Have a lovely day.